Friday, August 31, 2007

An Attempt To Blog

You've all heard me say that I'm the youngest old man that you will ever meet, so it should come as no surprise that when I hear the term "blog" I immediately think that you actually said "blob" and I'm left confused about why you'd brainshift from talking about the internet to talking about an old cartoon (it was a cartoon, right? The Blob? whatever...). Anyway, the point is that I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm not very creative anyway, so this is going to be a little disheveled. I'm actually fairly confident that no one will ever read this blog after this first post, so I guess it won't matter anyway.

I really love my new job so far, but I've just been drinking the company kool-aid for the past week, so it remains to be seen whether I'll end up regretting my decision or not. An interesting thing happened recently, though, that you may be interested in. You know those stories you hear in sacrament about someone who was really in need of some comfort or an answer, so they said a little prayer and opened their scriptures to (gasp) the perfect verse? Well, I was pretty freaked out about making a decision to leave a fairly decent job which I believe He blessed me to have just to take a huge paycut and work in some interesting conditions, so I decided that I "lacked wisdom" and that I should turn to the scriptures. I flipped open to Alma 29:3. Crap. If I come crawling back with my tail between my legs, will you take me back, Daddy Schein? Please...? Seriously, though, the new job is pretty great. I was talking to my friend here the other day and he told me that just since the beginning of the year he has racked up $15,000 worth of free travel, and he didn't even travel for three of those months because they had a baby. Of course, traveling doesn't really feed the kids (well...I guess I could horde the peanuts), but still, it's pretty great.

Did anyone happen to watch the Utes get spanked last night? Wow, that was painful. You should all be aware that I am a rabid BYU fan, so it goes without saying that I absolutely hate the dreaded "team up north," but I found myself pitying those poor suckers all night long. Wayne and Larry, if you are reading this, you have my condolences. Even though I hate the U, I know how to properly respect the dead though, so let's have a moment of silence for our Utah Brothers (wayward as they may be).
Well, my lunch break is almost up, so I must be off. Tomorrow's BYU's first game, so you can expect either a victory post or some sort of self-pity wallowing next time.

Take care everyone,
Ben

5 comments:

Al said...

So what is this crap about you doing all this during your lunch break?! They are way too lenient over there at that one place...
Glad to hear things are going well! And I can pretty much guarantee there will never be a place back in daddy Schein's house if I have anything to say about it! haha! (evil laugh...) Except for the fact that absolutely everyone loves you (I'm sure even Becky), you have no friends back there!

blake said...

You know, Ben, I'll read your blog, even if it's just to support you and your endevors. And why would you think that no one would read these. We all know (well, some of us anyway) that responding to emails is not your forte, so if this is the only way for us to see how you are doing so be it. Allen was right about two things: Absolutely everyone loves you and there would not be a place for you back at Henry Schein (you've graduated, so go on progressing!).

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I went to the UofU, dude

Brittany said...

A Blog! I am so glad that I finally know someone who actually writes in their blog. Maybe now I'll be more motivated to write in mine. For what it's worth your are already a better blogger than I am. I like to cheat and just post pictures. Anyway- looking forward to hearing about the many adventures & travels of the Kent family.

Anonymous said...

Ummm there have been no updates..... We are losing faith in the Kent family. How are we supposed to live vicariously through you if you don’t post your life?